Re: [Harp-L] Subject: JJ Milteau's YouTube videos...'Rockin'

On Mar 28, 2008, at 10:37 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

I've been a JJ Milteau fan since he produced the Inspiration Albums...

Jacques is good. Kid can play

But ...Wow, now THIS Jean Jacques Milteau video ROCKS...

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEQ9iDNsrNY_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEQ9iDNsrNY)

...and in this one he breaks down Orange Blossom Special

I understand that most players on OBS use an F and another harp across the scale (like a C?). I use two that are only 2 notes apart.
For instance: a D and a C. (The C is only needed for those little 8 note snippets). I wonder how many ways there are to play this tune? What harps did Milteau use? Do you remember?

(I may have posted it before)...so what if he's speaking 'en francais'?.

Easy for you to say. Inasmuch as you speak Scottish, English, (probably Gaelic) French, Itralian, German, and maybe some Polish. Ooooh, I almost forgot New York eese.

..music is the universal language. Of course..to my mind nobody will ever do it better than Charlie
McCoy, but this is a nice learning video.

Charley just did it Thurs at his birthday celebration. Kid can play. Ain't lost a thing.
smo-joe

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfLzLPsgZ_I_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfLzLPsgZ_I)

Elizabeth

"music is my religion".....Jimi Hendrix