Re: [Harp-L] chromatic - Wm. Clark

I made that post .

No argument with all that you have written . I have just noticed through the years that diatonic players often do not take advantage of the full capabilities of the chromatic. Much of the time that I see the instrument used in blues, it is to play in D on a C chromatic ensuring that the button is never used. It is position playing same as a diatonic.

The dead give away is that the players finger is nowhere near the button.

Sure, buy a dozen chromatics for full chord possibilities, retune diatonics, tweak and customize to your heart's content. I just want to put it out to those who may be a intimidated by that little bit of extra technology to give it a go. That button will add a major component to your arsenal.

Gary Popenoe