Re: [Harp-L] 2 draw problems

Sharon -

When you first start playing 2 Draw (and sometimes 1 and 3 draw as well) you may pre-bend it - bend it down without meaning to.

You bend by shaping the inside of your mouth to tune it to a different note. When you pre-bend you do this unintentionally.

When you play a 2 Draw, check out the following:

Are your lips leaving an unobstructed passage for air to move in and out of your mouth?

Are you experiencing any feeling of suction as you draw air through your mouth? If so, try and open up the area where it's happening. This may involve moving your tongue away from your lips, or down from the roof of your mouth, or away from your throat.

Try yawning. Note how your tongue goes to the the floor of your mouth and the back of your mouth and your throat all open WAAAY up to let lots of air in. Try to cultivate something like that at all times when you play - relaxed but open.

Hope this helps.

Winslow

Sharon Johnson <sjohnson@xxxxxxxx> wrote: Thanks to everyone for all the great information.  I love this site.  I've
 been a beginner for a year now and have mastered single notes quite
 well.....except for the the 2 DRAW on my C Harmonica. Will anyone share
some
helpful pointers with me on how to get a clear sound on the 2 DRAW.  I'm
 beginning to learn to bend notes and really love to play bluesy music.
 Also, where is the best place to find beginner riffs that would be helpful
 to me.
Much appreciated,
Sharon