[Harp-L] Harp Depot

>If a business sells to (let's say) 886 customers and 6 get stung,
that leaves 880.

That is the old-word (pre Internet) short sighted thinking that is a
major reason why most online businesses are not successful
financially. You see, as I said in my earlier post on this, the issue
is Cost of Acquisition (COA). It can cost hundreds of dollars in some
fields to acquire a new customer online, but say in the harmonica
business it costs only $30 (not an unusual number). 6 x 30 =
180...which is more than the money they are saving by ignoring the
six customers you seem to think don't make a difference, and more
than their average sale in all likelihood. In the overall schemes of
things on a small website, that could be a good part of the NET
profit for a month or week or day or whatever). It isn't
insignificant.

- Robert

Looking for last minute shopping deals?