[Harp-L] Howard Levy performance in NYC

Damn! I stopped by the Baggott Inn to see Howard perform after his workshop in the city. Howard's young guitarist was one of the best I've ever seen and boy have I witnessed a lot of superlative guitarists. Also Howard's son on his economical drum-set was very tasty. Howard closes his eyes and plays some hot and mellifluous and versatile piano. His harp playing (I've seen him before in performance and academic environments) kind of soars and swoops through jazzy and classic and middle eastern(y) tunes. His seems more of a musical than a harmonica genius. The diatonic being his tool. I was not aware that he did so much simultaneous harp and piano playing. Those simultaneous moments (often slower than the avalanche of notes comprising his harp jazz solos)were my favorites. Zvi Aranoff should congratulate himself for organizing the event. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues