[Harp-L] Harp Dept - Cont.

I shouldn't stick my nose in where it doesn't belong but I've been doin' it all my life so here it goes........

A very similar incident just happened to me. A customer emailed me from Japan, he placed and order some time ago and hadn't received it as of yet. He was understandably annoyed and I told him I would look into it. I did......IT WAS MY FAULT......I just misplaced his order. I have nobody to blame but myself, I'm a one man shop, I had no excuse, I immediately emailed him confessing my mistake and offered him his money back or expediting his cases to him.......his choice. He said thank you for being honest enough to admit my mistake, and he would still like the cases. I sent them out the next morning, he received them in a week or so, he let me know that they arrived promtly and securely and he was happy for my honesty in admitting my mistake.

I have a great deal of customers on this list, I am grateful to you all, I am human and I make mistakes. My delivery times continue to get longer do to the amount of orders I receive and being just one man. I will say publicly that NEARLY ALL OF MY CUSTOMERS are very forgiving and understanding when I am up front and honest with them that I run behind all the time.....there are only so many hours in the day and I rarely take time off....but I love what I do and wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyone who has a small business has more work than can be accomplished in 8 hours.......there are entirely too many details, however, your CUSTOMERS are your busniess and CUSTOMER SERVICE is a must. Without it you're out of business. It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and you can distroy it in 5 minutes if you're not careful.

As for posting on the List......I've seen them post on others......why not here????????

-- Jeffrey Spoor - Owner Maker Cumberland Custom Cases

317-894-8699 - shop
317-363-9431 - cell