[Harp-L] RE: Harp Depot

After reading about Dave Bass's and Tom's (Berne, Switzerland) experiences with Harp Depot, I decided to throw my 2 cents into the pot.

I've bought several harmonicas from John Hall when he had Harp Depot. I met Doc and Richard when John sold the business.

 I've bought thirteen Hohner Super 64X's , Three Suzuki SC64's, Two Suzuki Magic Gardens and two Suzuki SCT 128's from Harp Depot since Doc took over the business. These were one at a time purchases, I bought most of them at festivals but several I ordered online or over the phone. I've had problems with a few of the Hohner's but they were manufacturing problems which after sending them back to Hohner were quickly resolved.

I've become friends with Doc and Richard over the years but it became a friendship because they have been straight up guys and had treated me well when I did business with them.

Doc and Richard attended my last "Danny G's Harmonica Lovers Party" and donated several really nice harmonicas which were raffled off.  I know of at least a dozen little kids and a few Vets who Doc gave "American Freedom Harps" to.

I don't want to discount Dave's problem but my experience tells me this is an isolated incident. With the way things are in the world today, Tom should probably contact Customs in Switzerland to see if his order is being held up there.

If Harp Depot or any business treated their customers the way he described his experience, they wouldn't be in business very long and certainly SPAH, Buckeye, Garden State or any other club would not have them as a vendor at their festivals.
I would think a call to Harp Depot leaving the message "have Doc or Richard call me at this number" or a letter to Harp Depot explaining what happened with a copy of the cancelled check and BBB complaint numbers along with "Attention Doc" written on the envelope would get a quicker response than calling them names and trashing them here where they can't defend themselves.

Danny G