Re: [Harp-L] My case against Harp Depot

At 09:18 AM 3/22/2008, you wrote:
BBB claim number-70040953I

I'm not a big fan of BBB's. They have no teeth. They originated in a time when people didn't have the internet to vent their grievances.

Just a bit more teeth: let Harp Depot know that you have posted a couple of scathing reports on Harp-l, for all 1500 subscribers to see. Send your posts along with your note. Remind them that they have competition and that their competitors have a better reputation on this list.

And - here's the real teeth - that if they refunded your money you will post a mention on Harp-l, because it was obviously all a big mixup.

I will tell you that your bad review means that a seriously bad experience is registered by all of us who read it. Elizabeth's posts even things out, and it's a good thing she posted - but I don't want to do business with a company that has a 50% track record. Harp House and Coast2Coast, have treated me well 100% of the time. The fact that Harp Depot doesn't mess up the way they have with you on every order is not especially meaningful. The great thing about living in our highly connected world is that online merchants can no longer expect to keep their bad behavior private. And ignoring you for this long is bad behavior and should be broadcast here. I wouldn't want to lose 1500 potential customers. I wouldn't even want to lose 15.

(Frankly, one of the best ways customers who have had a good experience with Harp Depot could show their support for them would be by letting them know that this discussion is going on in front of 1500 online harp players.)

It may not be possible to give absolutely perfect service, but it is possible to show your customers that you are trying your best. That's what customers care about. Having worked for a busy company that did mail order, and having seen how utterly meticulous and prompt they were about resolving problems, I know that NOBODY is so busy that they can't keep in touch with you until a problem is resolved -- unless they don't want to.

In support of my own sanity, I won't be using them until you announce here that they've rectified your problem.