Subject: Re: [Harp-l]: Harp Depot

I've been contacted offlist by a Harp-l'er who informed me that there are
some people on other sites/lists who have complained about Harp Depot's delivery
 methods and dealings with customers.

My post did not address that issue, since I have no personal knowledge of
it. I am not a close friend of Doc or Richard and have no idea of the inner
workings of their business.  I can only speak about them as a long-term (if  3+
years can be considered long-term) in person customer of theirs at  various
harmonica Conventions. Surely the folks who run SPAH, Buckeye and GSHC  must have
some faith in them to continue to have Harp Depot as 'the' official
harmonica store at these conventions?

My good experiences are all I can address, as well as those of the people
who originally suggested I buy from Doc, and who continue to talk about them to
me in highly favourable terms.

I haven't regretted any of my many diatonic or chromatic purchases.   I've
bought several Lee Oskars, several Sp. 20's, CX-12's, Hering's, books  and CD's
over the past 3 years.  The only harmonica I wasn't thrilled  about was the
Hering...first because of the taste and odour issue (resolved,  now...but
standard for these chromatics no matter who sells them, since I  researched it among
other purchasers rather than blaming the Seller),  and secondly, because of
the 'tinniness' compared to my Super 64 (I'd bought the  antique gold 16 Hering
chromatic and don't like the sound as much, though it  does work for certain
types of music). I'm pretty sure I bought my Soul's  voice Bb diatonic from
them as well.

.For me personally, I'd give Doc and Richard the benefit of the doubt due  to
my good experiences with them, over unproven accusations by  people I don't
know.  Seems only logical, since it's still  purely gossip and hearsay
until/unless it's proven.

Elizabeth
P.S.  Please don't 'flame' me because you now consider me a  'spokesperson'
for Harp Depot.  I'm nothing of the  kind..merely relating my own experiences
to juxtapose with that  of someone alleging a crime.

Home.