Re: [Harp-L] RE: Zappa Harp

"Chris Canning" wrote:
<I always thought Captain Beefhart was Zappa's Harp player. I love his
<playing. Not to everyones taste But I love it.

Beefheart played a lot of harp on his own recordings, along with soprano sax and a few other intstruments. I'm not as crazy about his album "Trout Mask Replica" as a lot of people, but I do like just about everything on "The Spotlight Kid", and the song "When She Blows Its Stacks" (the correct title, in case anyone wonders) is a knockout.

Beefheart did record harp with Zappa. Zappa also used Craig "Twister" Steward, whose harp work with Zappa I have never heard. But I haven't gone through all Zappa's records, either.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter