RE: [Harp-L] Standing up or sitting down

> I used to always play standing up, especially when playing amplified gigs with a full band. Now, probably due to my old age, I find I am a lot more relaxed and play a whole lot better, acoustic and amplified whilst sitting down, usually on a bar stool.
> What do you think, is this normal or am I just lazy old git ?
>
> McSwaggerty

It wouldn't be practical for me to stand up in the Irish pub session situation I find myself in.  For a start, I'm there for three or four hours, and on top of that my knees are not what they used to be.  No-one else is standing up and I'd look a bit odd were I to do so.  I'd always stand up for a solo party piece at a gig.   The compromise is to sit with a very straight back when playing so as not to cramp the ability to use the diaphragm.   You can always bend the back in between pieces, to reach for the beer for example.  I get a lot of exercise that way over a long evening.

Steve

 http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

Who's friends with who and co-starred in what?
http://www.searchgamesbox.com/celebrityseparation.shtml