[Harp-L] Greunling/Guyger Tour Last Night-

I saw them in DC last night.  Wonderful show with thoughtful, spirited
and individualized interpretations by both Steve and Dennis.  Mark
Wenner also attended and played two.  Great band!  Doug Deming was
excellent and the drummer really gave space for the soloists.  The
drummer could not be coerced into playing a  fill- just in the pocket
drive.  What a refreshing change!  This show is worth considerable
effort to see.   It was also neat to visit with/meet friends from
Augusta and harp-l.  There is not much of a harmonica community back
home.

During related discussion on volume, someone stated the Piazza with
Holmstrom played at a volume that permitted conversation.  This was
not my experience. .I saw them at least twice and the band was
overpoweringly loud.

Jim R