Re: [Harp-L] practice

That's such a tough question since so much depends on you and your personal style/focus/etc. Also some genres are more intuitive and improvisational in nature while something like classical requires more formal study.

Some people build their skills by exploration while others study and build brick by brick.

Put in time whenever and where ever you get a chance. I play in my car. The police don't like it but it works.

It's best, of course, to sit down and apply yourself. I read somewhere that you should practice earlier in the day when you have the energy and the focus.

Spend a half hour to an hour doing nuts snd bolts work. When you burn out on that, practice what is fun. I'll spend a lot more time at that.

If you want to make a career of it, you'll have to spend hours a day practicing like the jazz and classical cats do.

Having fun is the critical element. If you don't, you'll quit.

Gary Popenoe