[Harp-L] Our Piddly lil' instrument

I want to personally thank Roger Trobridge in London of the NHL...for assisting us over the years with getting such great coverage on the BBC for our (as William Galison puts it,-) "Piddly little instrument". What I like about Roger and guys like Danny Wilson and the late Doug Tate is that the Harmonica be it Diatonic or Chromtaic deserves equal respect and thru mentors like this I've learned we are ALL in this together.......thank you guys and special thanx to Randy Weinstein and Charles Spranklin for making the Tuesdays SO special.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYV5vU1Ju1k

The quality of the picture is compressed so hopefully we can repost it on youtube with more clarity...but this will give you an idea of the "Legendary Tues Afternoon" Jams and the amazing sound of Master Harmonicist Charles Leighton. Special thanx to William Galison !!

This is about a 4 minute segment of a larger BBC documentary which aired last night in England called TIN SANDWICH which as Roger has informed me:

The point of the programme was that it was a history - biased to the
UK. It managed to get across that the harmonica is not only not dying
but is growning in its ability to play music of all types - both by
the skills being handed down through the generations and by
developments in harmonica design and technique....

I look forward to seeing this whole documentary and

also in the near future seeing the upcoming documentary:

Pocket Full of Soul" by Marc Lempert and Todd Slobin....and congrats to MADCAT on his original song that really says it all....
http://www.pocketfullofsoulmovie.com/

best,
Rob Paparozzi
www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats