Re: [Harp-L] How Many Working Harmonicas Do You Have?

Here's my list. I had to draw the line somewhere, since I've got harps for my business stock, a lot of parts, the prewar collection, etc. So, I'm listing the harps I take when I go to play somewhere. All are customized. Here are contents of my gig case, which is a hard mandolin case my old F-style Martin came in:

Diatonics
Seydel Favorite Circular G (the Seydel key name, it's laid out in C key)
Seydel Big Six retuned to circular C (Seydel name, laid out in F)
Seydel Solist G
Prewar Auto Valve G, modified for blues playing.
Marine Band Ab
Marine Band A
Golden Melody Bb, has Earl the Pearl Brazillian rosewood comb.
Seydel Solist B
Marine Band C
Hohner Auto Valve C, modified for Blues playing.
Marine Band Db
Seydel Solist D
Seydel Session Low D
Golden Melody Eb
Seydel Solist E
Prewar Old Standby F
Seydel Session Low F
Marine Band F#

Chromatics
Seydel CHromatic DeLuxe C
Seydel Chromatic DeLuxe G
Hohner 270 D (had this one since I was 14)

That and a Seydel Bergzauber 96-reed tremolo, with C on one side and G on the other.

Dave
Dave Payne
Elk RIver Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com