[Harp-L] Subject: Madcat's song wins the Pocket Full of Soul: The Harmonica Song Contest

That's WONDERFUL news!

Madcat's long been one of my favourite players..ever since he entertained  us
with his unique style of playing and teaching at one of my first SPAH's  (he
might have been at the previous Buckeye too)...but he most definitely stood
out then..doing his unique version of Sonny Terry-like whoops and
calls...taking  part in a brilliant on-stage seminar with a lineup of Joe Filisko, Dennis
Gruenling, Jason Ricci and Pat Ramsey...then down-to-earth and just plain fun
at  the late-night Blues Jams.

Great guy...Now I can't wait to hear HIS song for Pocket Full of  Soul...

Congratulations, Todd and Marc.  I loved your footage of Little Walter  being
used for his induction the other night...you deserve all the kudos for the
years of work you put into this project...now your baby's about to leave your
hands and be launched into the stratosphere....

Nowhere to go but up :)

Elizabeth

Message: 6