[Harp-L] Blues Harp in St Louis

As Howard Young pointed out to the list recently, March shapes up as a great month for blues harp here in St. Louis.  Within the last week weâve had shows by Jason Ricci, Kim Wilson, and Sugar Blue, not to mention upcoming shows by Randy McAlister on the 19th and the Gruenling-Guyger Little Walter Tribute show on the 25th.  Add SPAH to the mix in August, and it feels like St. Louis is the blues harp capital of the world for a while.

Which makes this as good a time as any to mention that we have a small blues harp âclubâ here in St. Louis which meets monthly for some playing, listening, discussion, and teaching.  Our group was formed in October of 2006, and weâve kept it going pretty well â missing only one month since then.  We try to meet the first Wednesday evening of each month, when usually 4 â 10 of us gather at a memberâs house.  Between meetings, we keep in touch through a Yahoo Group, and use that site also for posting audios of our playing, tabs, charts, etc.  So if anyone in the St. Louis area missed the original post about our group in 2006 and is interested in joining us sometime, you can contact me at fssharp@xxxxxxxxx or co-organizer Jeff at jeffwind@xxxxxxx,

Fred S