[Harp-L] Maybe you guys know....

Sam Blancato inquired ;

>Thought I'd pick your brains on a software question.  I'm looking for
software with which I can write music.  What I want are two things.
Firstly, I want a program that will allow me to play a bass line on a
midi-type keyboard and have the notes I'm playing appear on a staff where
they're supposed to. <

try here:
http://www.myriad-online.com/en/docs/melodydesc.htm

Guitarists, bassists and harmonicists haven't been forgotten: Melody calculates tablatures and displays the guitar chord diagrams. You can even define your own stringed instrument and calculate tablatures for it!
Melody Assistant can also compute tablatures for all fretted string instruments (Banjo, Balalaïka, Ukulele ...) but also for Harmonica, Appalachian Dulcimer and Baroque Lute.
A complete library of chord diagrams is included in Melody. You can complete this library by defining easily your own chords.

& here ;

http://tabledit.com/

Additionally, TablEdit, while designed for guitarists, by guitarists, is not limited to guitar like other Tablature programs. Through ongoing consultation with experts on other instruments, TablEdit has developed support for harmonica, mountain dulcimer, diatonic accordion, drums, violin, tin whistle, recorder, Xaphoon, autoharp, pedal steel guitar, and banjo (even taking into consideration the special aspect of the fifth string).

>Secondly, I want a program that will allow to just
write out charts for songs - the chord changes for the song.  <

(Even tho it's in French, it's real easy, if you need a translation contact me offline)

http://banwarth.free.fr/
If these won't help I don't know what will!

goodluck

Mox

http://www.newhokumsheiks.com
http://www.myspace.com/mox_gowland