Re: [Harp-L] Maybe you guys know....

I use Finale allegro. I think the company is smart muscic. It will transcribe,print parts, play parts and it has quick time instruments and a soft synth built in. It can also generate simple accompaniments from a
lite version of band in a box.
If you buy the full finale I think it give you the
full version of band in a box.

Good Luck

Emile Diggs D'Amico

>>> "samblancato" <samblancato@xxxxxxxxxxx> 03/08/08 13:08 PM >>>
Hi Folks,

Thought I'd pick your brains on a software question.  I'm looking for
software with which I can write music.  What I want are two things.
Firstly, I want a program that will allow me to play a bass line on a
midi-type keyboard and have the notes I'm playing appear on a staff where
they're supposed to.  Secondly, I want a program that will allow to just
write out charts for songs - the chord changes for the song.

It would also be really neat to have a program that would let me write out
notes with a time signature and everything else and have those notes played
with a simple tone just so I could get an idea of how it sounds.

I am a complete babe in the woods when it comes to music software.  What
I've looked at seems very complex and provides way too much in terms of
features and I get confused.  In working with bass players I'm at a loss to
speak their language and it would be great to just be able to show them.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh