From: David Harris [mailto:snakehead_1@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 March 2008 14:43
To: Priest, Jim
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Fender Vibrosonic

Jim,
My research show that this is the standard layout of the tube layout for the Vibrosonic:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=1095549&sid=9b8d27feec6f14b61cf9263c596f73f2
(Stock tube layout facing the rear of the amp)
4 6L6GC Power Tubes
12AX7A 1st stage gain
12AX7A 2nd stage gain
12AT7 Reverb Driver
12AX7A Reverb Return
12AX7 Tremolo
12AT7 Phase Inverter

Is that close to your current setup?
What I would suggest is concertrate on changing the Gain tubes and the Phase Inverter.  Don't even use the Reverb and Tremolo for harp.  You should, however, make sure that you replace any blown or worn out bulbs.  Especially since you mentioned intermittent performance for the tremolo.

Here are my suggested tube types:

12AX7 1st stage gain
12AU7 2nd stage gain
12AU7 Phase Inverter