Subject: [Harp-L] Jeff Healy dies at 41

This is the only 'Angel Eyes' I knew before seeing/hearing  SmoJoe's
chromatic version of the older jazz tune from last  Buckeye.  This is Jeff Healy from
1989.....can't believe he was only 21 or  so when this was a huge hit:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYz_LHKrgDY_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYz_LHKrgDY)

No harp content, but interesting also for the unique way he played his
guitar. I loved this song, and his cover of "While my Guitar Gently  Weeps".  Will
miss him and his music.  His was a valiant  life-long fight against the cancer
that took his sight at age 1 and killed him  at age 41.

RIP.

Elizabeth

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 00:16:32 -0500
From: dennis moriarty  <dmoriarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:  harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I know he wasn't a harp player but man was he talented.  Guitar,
trumpet, and a good singer. Too bad. As a hospice nurse you'd  think I
would "get" impermanence but then it "strikes" Healy or deLay  or
Primich and it leaves me psychically winded. Jeff who became blind  not
long after birth tangled with cancer much of his life. He died  from
cancer in Toronto on sunday.  d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues