[Harp-L] Where Do You Put Your Case?

I've mentioned it before, I'll say it again: I use a small (14" w, 7" h 7" d  and for you who use metrics +/- 35.5 cm x 18 cm x 18 cm)  Plano Fishing Tackle Box.  $8 at a hardware store.

It's waterproof, that's been proven.  It's stable, sits flat, closes in two motions, a slap of the top & a slap of the latch.  You can stand on it, knock it off a stage, it won't fly open or break.

It's capacious, light, inexpensive and seeming worthless to a thief.  It fits 12 diatonics in the top tier in mostly separated slots, 14 on the second, and mic, cords, 365 harps, light, fix-it kit, etc., in the bottom.

I put it on the floor near me and way from traffic and always- always - close & latch it when not in use, with a couple flicks of the wrist. Simple enough.

I do switch harps mid-song frequently, going from hi to low, a 365 or such, there I pull out the harps at the beginning of the song (pockets anyone?)  Otherwise I lean down to the floor where I've laid the box, flip it open, pull or stow a harp, close, clasp, then gasp the next note.

If you dig spiffy gear forget this idea, lots of good folks here make really cool stuff, it, but for unassuming practicality, thrift and efficiency, I go for Plano!

-Dave Fertig