[Harp-L] Re: those crazy Koreans

Hmmm - I see I should have been more careful how I
worded my post.  I didn't mean to imply that I thought
the ensemble is actually playing the music of a
soundtrack; I meant that it is the TYPE of music that
showed up in the background of Popeye cartoons ...
Perhaps not exactly a noteworthy observation, but
there you go  ... (insert Popeye laugh here) ...

- thurg

--- Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, first the video starts out with rag-time from
> around the 20s,
> then at 17 goes into the hornpipe used in Popeye
> cartoons. Then at 25
> it goes into 'Sailing Sailing', and at 32 goes back
> into the
> hornpipe. I don't recognize the rag from the
> cartoons.
>
> Note: Nothing is from the movie Popeye.
>
> smokey-joe

Looking for last minute shopping deals?