[Harp-L] Jeff Carp

   I originally posted on Jeff's demise back on 7/5/06 (Big Walter and Jeff
Carp film).  Nobody would love to straighten this out and get to the
truth more than myself.  So far we've got Sam Lay, Dick Shurman, Scott Dirks
and Mick Zaklan with one version and John Schulman and Jesse Sinaiko with
another.  If John and Jesse have an eyewitness; it would be great if they
could name the guy and get some more details out of him.  In the interest of
clearing up a long-standing mystery.
   Again, why is this of any importance?  Because Jeff Carp was a highly
intelligent, highly skilled and motivated harpist who; in my opinion, was
poised to be the next big harpist out of Chicago before his untimely death.
Following in the footsteps of Butterfield and Musselwhite.  He wasn't the
kind of guy who was going to stop learning about the instrument and coast on
a few hot riffs.  Just my opinion, but I kind of see him as the Dennis
Gruenling of his day.
   If nothing else, though, this thread shows what a wonderful resource
harp-l is.

Mick Zaklan