[Harp-L] Standing at the Chromatic

The first problem is there aren't that many teachers.
The second is there isn't that much in the way of cds, tapes or dvds
that are that good. I find most to be of little help and some verging on
malpractice lol.

Robert Bonfiglio has some great study aids and his  seminars I'm sure are
great to get you started.

 I think Winslow has some good stuff also.
http://www.harmonicasessions.com/apr05/chromatic.html
Doug Tate also has a book that I hear is very good.

I often thought that if you could master octave playing you could be the
The Wes Montgomery of the Chromatic Harmonica.

There is no magic bullet.

Something I would start with is just playing cdefgfedc then going in the circle of fifths with the pattern.

Also, the major arpeggio in one octave in the circle.

Related would be if you don't play tongue blocking try to develop it.
Also, left side tongue blocking and  corner switches doing octaves.

Just my two cents.
Good luck
Emile Diggs D'Amico