[Harp-L] Re: Tweaking Zoom H4 live recordings

"Joel Thomas" wrote:
<Hi Richard,
<Have you tried it without the normalisation stage? As this process is
<quite destructive, it seems unnecessary to me.
<You seem to be doing enough in the mastering processes of multi-band
<compression, eq and limiting.

I normalize when the overall levels of the recording are low, especially for single tracks like this one.  I prefer to normalize before applying compression in that case, especially if the background noise on the recording is low.  Then I don't have to hit the limiter quite so hard.

Regards, Richard Hunter