To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:26 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] challenged by Chromatic

After following a recent thread on chromatics, I wanted to post about what I
am finding most frustrating right now - tongue-blocking octaves. I am a TB
diatonic player; I play TB in about 80% of my playing. But when I try to do
octaves on the chromatic I'm flummoxed. I just can't make a tight fit, let
alone even get clean octaves. So much of what I want to do is in octaves;
it just doesn't sound right to my ear without those fat octave tones.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh