[Harp-L] Virtual Hole Technique gets Scientific!!!

Hi All and especially Chris Michalek,

I got into this little wrangle about the technique and it's validity
with a guy on YouTube.
Chris, who by his own admission is one of the most advanced harp players
in the world, just didn't get it. I tried to explain, but perhaps that's
not my forte as he still didn't get it.

So I've done some spectral analysis and have found that the 7 suck (F#
on a G harmonica and in the C5 range on the piano) has a harmonic F# (in
the C6 range) as strong as the fundamental.

In chording style, I play the 7 and 8 suck together and this gives a
slightly less pronounced harmonic F#, but also harmonics at G# (though a
bit flat) and A, at the C6 range on piano.

Does this prove that the missing F# is really there?

Cheers to Rick Epping for giving me more confidence to prove the point.
And for the lovely clip where he shows me how he uses it.

Cheers for now,
Joel.
--
  Joel Thomas