[Harp-L] amplification question - unbalanced PI

     I'm playing out a lot now in many different styles, in both large
and small rooms, often with loud guitars in the band. I now use an
Electrovoice EV 630 Dynamic omnidirectional bullet, wired Hi-Z into
a Premier 50 amp that I usually mic through the PA, trusting the
soundman, when there is one. It usually works great, but I can be
easily overpowered, and its certainly not the bassy, wall-of-sound
result I can get from playing a 4-10 rig like a Bassman RI.
     I've been thinking a lot about amplification alternatives,
for instance, I posted recently asking what folks thought about
Rocktron Minihush and Hush pedals to control feedback, a
problem I had last week when, knowing I would be onstage with
two powerhouse guitarists and no PA mic'ing, I tried to drive my
the speakers of my ailing Blues DeVille with an old Newcomb 25
PA head.
     Today's question is whether anyone has an opinion on a claim
I read this morning that harp amplification through a push-pull circuit
like a Bassman RI benefits fron an unbalanced phase inverter tube.
I found this at http://eurotubes.com/euro-l.htm:

     Third on the list is Harp players. For power I use the same lineup
     as I do for Blues players and then I drop the V1 and V2 tubes to
     ECC81's and the use an ECC832 in V3. To make a good harp
     amp the phase inverter tube needs to be unbalanced which is the
     opposite from the way a good guitar amp should be which is with
     a nicely balanced PI tube. For some odd reason harps just sound
     good with an unbalanced PI tube, this is the preamp tubes that's
     right next to the power tubes ( V3 ). By going with an ECC832
     ( 12DW7 ) tube which is one half of a 12AX7 and one half of a
     12AU7 this puts the power tubes way out of phase and it sounds
     good and cuts down the feedback for harp. On the other hand it
     does not sound good for guitar

Thanks for reading,
-John T