[Harp-L] Imaginary Holes Harmonica Technique.

Hi Michael,
That's all correct, there, it's simple isn't it?
Nice one.
I use my tongue in a variety of ways to enhance either the chords, the
melody or the rhythm, and yes, I definately don't use strict octaving
and there's no overblowing or magic involved.
It's a bit tricky to do at first, but it's early days and I'm sure it
will sound clearer and cleaner over time.
But it's a great little trick and makes high octave chord and melody
playing much more varied, especially with the virtual 12th hole notes.

>From Brendan Powers reply (see last posting) do you think there is a
massive gulf between whistle-style and tongue style players.....? Don't
we all play both styles? Is there harmonica snobbery when anything other
than the Blues is mentioned? Like when Jason Ricci mentions that he
doesn't want his harmonica to acually sound like a harmonica?

Cheers,
Joel Thomas.
"All things come to those who want"
--