Re: [Harp-L] Imaginary Holes Harmonica Technique.

Alright Joel, if you were to play a 1st position major scale using would
play octaves on 4-7 blow, 4-8 draw,
5-8 blow, 5-9 draw, 6-9 blow, 6-10 draw, 7-imaginary 11 draw, 7-10 blow.
But it seems like in your style they are not clean octaves but rather loose
octaves where the notes in between the octave notes loosely are played, for
example, 4-7 blow becomes 4, 5, 6, 7 blow with the tongue lightly making
enough of an octave so that the 4 and the 7 are the listener's focus notes
but 5 and 6 are still heard.  Are you slapping or pulling your tongue off
the harmonica?

In any case you are suggesting the ear creates the imaginary 11 draw (the
7th note in the major scale, ti)
when you play a loose octave playing 7 draw a little clearer than 8, 9 and
10 draw.  You are saying the note is implied and therefore we "hear" it.
You are not saying the note actually sonically appears as if by some type of
overtone magic, is that correct?
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com