Re: Re: [Harp-L] tuner

In spite of recent reports that clinical study subjects report more relief from a $2 sugar pill than a $0.25 sugar pill, I'd like to point out that cheap does not equal ineffective.  Several folks assert the superiority of Peterson and Conn type strobe tuners over digital portables, but has anyone actually observed a discrepancy in the pitch reported by these two types of devices for a particular sound?  Yes, the strobe types give you information on the pitch of higher harmonics (though I'm pretty sure many strobe scope users don't use that information), but are they really better at identifying the pitch of the fundamental?  Can someone with both types please put this to the test?