[Harp-L] French female harp player

Gary wrote:

Sorry guys but I'm not impressed with her control of pitch. Lots of
flat notes. Thus is one of my issues with this technique.

  I too from time to time hear some pitch issues but I don't let them interfere with my enjoyment of the whole.
Most of the pitch issues i hear come from normal bends as opposed to overblows.  I chalk it up to my lousy
speakers or the electronics involved.  But even if it's a lack of bending control, i find inspiration and enjoyment
hearing her beautiful renditions, choice of songs, and musical ideas.
  Have u checked out the other harp overbending french woman player someone on Harp-L turned us on to,
Rachelle Plas - http://www.myspace.com/rachelleplas .  I enjoyed listening to her version of Minor Swing, as
well as the other 3 audios.    But her videos are also a learning experience.   The first video contains a very nice
version of Orange Blossom Special.  Her second video, where the song is Caldonia, (tip, for her solo,
skip to the end), she does a nice solo with some good ideas of how to use OB's in a musical context.  All of her
vids are worth a look & listen, imho.  Same for Christelle's.
ron - FL Keys

ÂÂÂUpcoming Shows

( view all )

Jun 21 2008

10:30P

Gaillon, jardin public en face de la mairie

Gaillon, jardin public en face de la mairie, Haute-Normandie

Sep 7 2008

12:00P

7Ãme Festival Western,  Dam Country Normandie (Le Neubourg (27))

Le Neubourg (27), Haute-Normandie

Sep 27 2008

8:00P

Rouen, SoirÃe privÃe