  From: spahconvention06@xxxxxxxxxxx
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 12:07 PM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Double harps

  I double harp with chord changes  on Steve Bakers Specials.  My favorite keys are D and G. Straight Harp-Key of D. With two harps in hand, (the C stacked above the D) I've got the D and A chords on the D harp with the G chord drawing out of the C harp.  In Old Timey harp the C chord is used in modal tunes so that is also availble on the C harp.  This combination is balanced, blowing and drawing.

  Cross Harp Key of G- Stack the D above C- G chord (draw C harp),  C chord blow C harp, D chord Blow D harp and A chord draw D harp.  The A chord is the 2 chord and is used to travel to the 5 chord is all sorts of tunes.

  When I need a minor chord it's next to my face in my other hand. I usally use Melody Makers or Paddy Richter blow as my minor harps.

  This combination of harps is way cool to fool around with melody as well, switching to the harp that has the correct note with out bending.  Some day I'll learn how to bend a note.

  Paul