Re: [Harp-L] John Sayles "Honeydripper"

Thanks to Larry for pointing me to this film, that I didn´t know existed. Sayles is very discreet, indeed. Of course I couldn´t get it to work on my computer, these things never do, but I´ll make sure it will be on the purchase list for my local library.
  John Sayles has been almost consistently putting out good -- perhaps not "great" but certainly good -- films for quite a while. Refreshingly different from the Hollywood formula. And at times a harmonica crops up, as on this one, I gather, after seing Mike Turk on the soundtrack listing. Who also could be heard on "Lone star". "City of hope" had a harp in it, if memory serves, but don´t know who played.
Cheers,
Martin

It's a brilliant movie about how different people, rich and poor, black and white, relate to each other, set at a crossroad of the blues history, when the music went up north, leaped to the city and came back south, electrified... A sheer joy to watch... and listen too!
Thanks for sharing, Ice.
Sunnyside