Re:[Harp-L] Kinder Anti-Feedback and a question

I have the AFB+ and find myself using it almost all the time.  I recently started playing an Allen Old Flame head and 2x10 cab (based on a Super Reverb...50W with verb).  It has a master volume.  Kinder has always said the pedal is less effective with a master volume.  I agree.

Don't get me wrong, it still works well...but it doesn't work as well as it did with non-master amps I've tried.  Part of me wants to ditch the Old Flame for an original Super Reverb, but I want to find myself needing more amp before I go that route.

The amp has four preamp tubes and I switched the two 12ax7s for 5751.  I can get the same volume with the pedal as I did with the 12ax7s but a better tone.  With the master cranked, I can get the amp up to 4-5 before feedback.  Without, I can run the amp on 4 and the master on 5-7 before feedback.  So it works, but not as amazingly as with a non-master amp.

There are Weber Sig speakers in the cab.  I am thinking if I needed more volume, I could just switch to Weber Vintage Series speakers to start.  The power section is running JJ 6l6 tubes and the transformer has been upgraded for 50w.

Would I have less feedback using the amp as a 4x10 instead?  I don't have a cab to even try that with on my own.

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.myspace.com/niterailband

"Music should be healing; music should uplift the soul; music should inspire. There is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher towards the spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection than music, if only it is rightly understood."
-Hazrat Inayat Khan

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "samblancato"
<samblancato@...> wrote:

Hey Folks,

Having read the couple of recent posts on the Kinder Anti-Feedback
box I
wanted to add my two cents.

1.	I doubt you'll find any harp player who will want to sell
theirs; it
just works too well.
2.	If you get the AF+ box you don't need to buy the Harp King
amp.  The
box will make just about any basic 4x10 (or any other amp for that
matter)
sound great, usually without tube swaps.   Buddy of mine just got the
AF+
and uses it through his Baseman RI and it sounds smokin'.
3.	As soon as I get an extra $370.00 I'm going to get an extra
one just
to have on hand.  If I lost mine of damaged it somehow I would
consider it a
real loss, more so than if I lost my amp.
4.	Somebody's eventually going to reverse engineer this thing and
market it somehow.  I don't know if John Kinder holds a patent on the
design
but he really aught to.
5.	I sure wish the box had an on/off switch so I didn't have to
pull
the cables out to conserve the batteries.
6.	Speaking of batteries, I sure wish there was a way to rig two
9v
adapters to it so I could just plug it in instead of using
batteries.  I
wouldn't mind if the box were twice as big and had the needed
transformer
and power chord - and an on/off switch.  This would be a great
improvement
in my opinion.
7.	I tried using Lithium 9v batteries in mine, hoping they would
have
longer life and all.  They didn't work very well.  I sounded real
harsh.  I
think (though I don't really know) that the unit is very sensitive to
how
the voltage enters the system.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh