[Harp-L] Take Me Out to The Ballgame

steve wrote:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but first position works fine..starting on 4 blow,
jump to 7  blow and just play the melody.  It sounds OK to me, but I have been
known to be wrong before.  There is one bent note on 6 draw, otherwise nothing
strange that I can tell. I usually use a low key  harp just to keep the high
notes a little more pleasing.   somebody can let me know if this doesn't work.

  I don't understand why you would want to start out on hole one as opposed to hole 4 blow if your
second note will be 7 blow.  But as Tom, the originator of this post noted, to play the melody
correctly, in first position there is an OB required on the word "AT", as in "one, two, three
strikes you're out AT the old baldgame".  Imo, I think it can be fudged and omitted easily enough
and probably no one in the ballpark would notice.
 Mike P. suggested 12th position. It requires no OB's if u play it in the lowest octave.  The tonic
for 12th position is located on 2 hole draw bent down one whole step (also on holes 5 & 9 draw).  My
inclination would be to not use a position that you aren't thoroughly familiar with because
invariably under the pressure of performance, the additional nervousness could cause me to choke
(make mistakes).
ron