Re: [Harp-L] Take Me Out To the Ball Game

Jerry Portnoy first song on his first album leads off with Take Me Out to the Ball Game.  The song is Homerun Hitter, and I think that's the name of the CD as well -- I listen to it all the time, a great CD.  Check it out!
-Phil in KC

----- Original Message ----
From: Tom Albanese <reedwrecker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:47:11 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Take Me Out To the Ball Game

This is a fun tune on the diatonic and I've messed around with it for a
while but now I have to learn it for real and nail it for a gig at (you
guessed it) a baseball game. Seems to lay out OK in both first and second
positions but there are some finicky parts either way. First octave in first
position has no OBs but some tricky 3 draw bends. Second octave in first
position sounds real nice and fairly easy to do except for that <5 OB> right
at the end..."three strikes your out <AT> the old ball game". Not too
bad. Second position works too but again the 5 OB comes in to play both
ascending and descending. Hard to hit cleanly for me. Also, working out the
melody is one thing, improvising and comping on it is another. Any one out
there have this one worked out in any position (who's on first?) or have
suggestions for recordings to listen to? Maybe an alternate tuning? Thanks!

tom albanese
band myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bigrealdeal