[Harp-L] Re: Trip Henderson Videos on YouTube

Hey,

I'll tell you...one mic for the band is such a treat if you are able to make
it work. I use a AT 4060 Tube mic, its warm and natural sounding. It does
present some challenges though.  It won't work for anything but an acoustic
band, monitors become pretty much unworkable do to feedback issues and
you must set the mic up behind the speakers, also to avoid feedback. I often
bring a 31 band EQ to notch out problem frequencies as a fail safe  But the
whole idea of playing with, and hearing each other acoustically, then
reinforcing that sound with a single mic makes for joyful experience.  We
used it the other night with the New York Harmonica ensemble with Randy
Weinstein and Marcus Milius and it was just so nice just to have the sound
blend naturally - awesome!

Best,

Trip Henderson
http://www.myspace.com/triphenderson