[Harp-L] Bass Harp microphone has arrived

Richard Smith of Harmonix has created a bass harp mic clip that gets both
the top and bottom harps to be amplified and plugs direct into an amp or
PA.  I had to send my bass harp to England and it took a little longer than
I had expected, but it has arrived and it works.  So far I notice a slight
inconsistency in pickup, hole number 5 on the bottom harp is louder than the
others, but in general it seems pretty good.
I have been playing it through my 59 reissue bassman.  Today, while trying
it for the second time, there was a explosive sound, but then everything
played fine.  I will take it to an amp doctor to make sure a speaker didn't
blow and that he thinks it's all safe.
Now comes the real trial, learning to play the bass harp.  Before sending it
to England I practiced an inconsistent hour a day and still feel like a
total beginner.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com