Re: [Harp-L] Fresh From A Workshop, I tackle "The Un-Natural Octave"

George Smith used to do it and I'm sure many other great players.  I read
that several years ago in Blues Revue when Doug McCleod would tell
his stories about George.  I decided to give it a go and after a short time
I did it.  Do Note:  "Doing that on command during a song is a whole nutha
ball game  lol  .  You can do it too if your tongue block is
sufficient...it's the F octave.   These are the reasons why tongue blocking
is so very important.  The possibilites are limitless.
 To make sure just set up a tuner and bend that octave if your ear doesn't
recognize it.
Check out holes 3 and 6.

By some chance did Madcat pull out his bag of jaw harps?  That's something
to see.  He'd have a harp in one hand, a jaw harp in the other and then hoot
and holler while switching back and forth.  I've got that one on film and
WOW!  He's a genious!