[Harp-L] Re : Madison Slim

Steve Webb sez :

Excerpt .

"  had a chance Saturday night to see

Rev. Raven and the Chain-Smokin Altar Boys.

The first thought that entered my head was: Why haven't I heard more on this list about Madison Slim?

The guy really plays the blues. Great tone, plays a lot of harp in every song without it being intrusive. I know he's a veteran of the Chicago-style blues scene, but he's too good to be quite as obscure. "

Steve Webb in wet Minnesota

Hurricane sez :

Hello Steve , and yep Madison Slim is a real pro all the way . We met in Palm Springs southern California  , at that time he was playing with ,

Willie " Big Eyes " Smith

Calvin Jones

And Pine Top Perkins

of the

" Legendary Blues "

So that should say something about this man's credentials as a bonafide harp playing monster .

I was playing in the same show with another group (also on the bill was Duke Robillard ) .

After the gig ended I was invited to have dinner and as I arrived at the hotel I found no one there knew how to cook .

The road manager was a local guy and knowing that I was ( and still am :) a 5 star chef , asked if I could take care of the food , I did it happily heh heh .

Madison Slim and I partied our collective butts off ! Calvin , Willie & Pine Top were really outstanding people to talk with , it was an honor to do the cooking for such highly esteemed world class Blues musicians .

The same road manager also called me one night after another gig . I found a message on my telephone answering machine saying to call him no matter what the hour .

In short I ended up cooking breakfast for the Beach Boys and the entire Beach Boy's entourage ( they numbered in at just under 100 people ! ) at a concert help at my JR. college alma mater in Palm Desert southern California ( College Of The Desert = COD :)  , I will always remember that occasion .

Oh and I did party my ass off with them too ! Great concert , great night . Come to think of it I have partied my butt off with many great legends , I hope their good fortune rubs off :)

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx