Fwd: [Harp-L] Holding the harp in an unorthdox manner

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: steve warner <10reedsbent@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Jun 8, 2008 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Holding the harp in an unorthdox manner
To: "captron100@xxxxxxx" <captron100@xxxxxxx>

Cary Bell does it that way too.  One must be careful by keeping the high end
of the harp away  from the mic's diaphram to decrease the chance of being
too shrill.  Some of Cary's pics will show him "not" holding the harp in the
web of his thumb and index finger for that very reason.  Be mindful of the
key you're in as that will determine just how far you can move the high end
toward the diaphram.
Those who have good tone can use the low Z PA mic and not sound shrill.
Fine balance to recognize.