[Harp-L] Re : Guitar as a way to the harp

Phil sez :

Excerpt .

Adam Gussow woodsheds Ray Charles "Hallelujah I Love Her So" on the guitar to get the right chords so he can work it out on harp. (And if you play guitar , you get the fretboard shapes free!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwztD2VuzSI

Phil Lloyd

Hurricane sez :

The demonstration Adam Gussow did on this song was outstanding .

The guitar ( and keyboard too ) is an excellent vehicle to help a harp player nail down an arrangement ( note I said { arrangement } and not song ) to make it solid in their mind and then take it to the limits or one's ability and creative imagination .

Harp players need to understand that learning an other instrument is key to expanding a persons proficiency . It's not set in stone mind you ,  sure you don't have to learn an other instrument to really be good on just one instrument .

It's kind of like this joke :

Question :

What do you call a person who speaks 3 or more languages ?

Answer :

Tri or multilingual .

Question :

What do you call a person who speaks 2 languages ?

Answer :

Bilingual

Question :

What do you call a person who speaks one language ?

Answer :

An American

the above mentioned joke is not meant to bash or ridicule anyone at all . It is meant to stir and provoke one to rethink their learning strategy and only that .

I began on a diatonic Marine Band in 1954 at age four . I did not stop there and began the rudiments of acoustic guitar ( only to have to quit later on in 1962 -- then restart it all over again in 1998 after a little miracle ) in 1956 . Trumpet in 1958 . Along the years I learned to play a little on the drums and in 1993 began to learn keyboard .

I have a nice flute and clarinet here at home I want to some day try  my hand ( and lips / lungs )  at too .

By seeing how it's played chordially and hearing it's rhythmic structure you can't help but fall into a song in my book .

But their are some unfortunates who can't carry a tune even if it was super glued to them .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx