RE: [Harp-L] Chromatic harp tabs

I haven't seen anything like this, Gary and I spend a ridiculous amount of time online looking at harmonica-related stuff. I created some of this sort of thing for diatonic (which is what I began on), but have been considering doing it for chromatic.

I would think the easiest route would be to print out the scales of interest to you in musical notation form and just hand write the tab below it. If you don't know musical notation, there are a ton of places online that spell it out pretty quickly and you don't need to be that well versed to read scales.

Oh, what the heck, I'll just list them here... It'll help me practice, too!
(chromatic tab: + = blow, - = draw, < = press slide button in)

12 MAJOR SCALES
C Major
 C    D   E    F   G   A    B   C
+1  -1  +2  -2  +3  -3  -4  +4

G Major
  G   A   B    C   D   E    F#   G
+3  -3  -4  +4  -5  +6  <-6  +7

D Major
  D   E    F#   G   A   B   C#    D
-1  +2  <-2  +3  -3  -4  <+4  -5

A Major
 A   B   C#   D    E    F#    G#  A
-3  -4  <+4  -5  +6  <-6  <+7  -7

E Major
 E    F#   G#   A   B   C#    D#   E+2  <-2  <+3  -3  -4  <+4  <-5  +6

B Major
 B    C#   D#   E    F#   G#   A#   B
-4  <+4  <-5  +6  <-6  <+7  <-7  -8

F Sharp Major
F#    G#   A#   B    C#    D#  E    F#
<-2  <+3  <-3  -4  <+4  <-5  +6  <-6

D Flat Major
 Db     Eb    Fb   Gb   Ab   Bb   C    Db
<+1  <-1  <+2  <-2  <+3  <-3  +4  <+4

A Flat Major
Ab     Bb    C    Db   Eb    F   G   Ab
<+3  <-3  +4  <+4  <-5  -6  +7  <+7

E Flat Major
Eb    F    G    Ab    Bb   C   D    Eb
<-1  -2  +3  <+3  <-3  +4  -5  <-5

B Flat Major
Bb    C    D   Eb    F   G    A   Bb
<-3  +4  -5  <-5  -6  +7  -7  <-7

F Major
 F   G    A   Bb    C   D    E   F
-2  +3  -3  <-3  +4  -5  +6  -6

Good luck!
-marc

The RP Muse Blog ~ Highlighting local arts & culture. Submissions welcomed.http://therpmuse.blogspot.com> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:56:48 -0700> From: sobertogod1@xxxxxxxxx> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] Chromatic harp tabs> > I have looked and looked for tabs for scales with a chromatic harp and cant find any. Its very difficult to use scales and modes from an audio.> Is there any place i can get chromatic tabs for chromatic NOT diatonic harps???? Thanks gary> > > Gary L. Hilt > > > Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. > > > _______________________________________________> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org> Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx> http://harp-l.org/mailman/listinfo/harp-l
Now you can invite friends from Facebook and other groups to join you on Windows Live™ Messenger. Add now.