Re: [Harp-L] Re: Whammer Jammer Magic Dick Transcription.

There is no musical score for "Whammer Jammer" that I know of -- and I just
searched the web at the usual sheet music sites. I have searched   for it in
the past without any luck and never found any sheet music for it.

So your best bet is to do it yourself -- convert it from the tab.    See
Coast2Coast web address below.

And then when get done converting the tab to notation; look up Adam Gussow
web site. What doesn't make sense to you in the tab may be cleared up by Adam's
lessons. He breaks down the tune and also had a long interview with Magic
Dick.

at Coast2Coast

http://coast2coastmusic.com/diatonic/whammerjammer.shtml

It's called:
Harmonica tablature for
"Whammer Jammer"
as performed by

The J. Geils Band
written by Juke Joint Jimmy

The tablature was created by Rick Barker.

Disclaimer: I almost published it in American Harmonica Newsmagazine several
years ago after getting permission from Rick Barker to use his tab -- but
decided against it because of copyright considerations (who owns it/published it
and did we REALLY have permission from them).

I printed it on a Mac G5 and so I got all the border index/phone numbers and
other ad blurbs: the "Whammer Jammer" tab section of the page amounted to
postcard size on a letter size sheet.

Phil Lloyd
Contributing Editor emeritus