Re: [Harp-L] re: was Sonny Jr now lust

I don't lust after gear.  I might have GAS from time-to-time, and this one
certainly caught my attention.

http://www.jacksonsrareguitars.com/fender-stratocaster-1959-slab-board.html

HOWEVER, someone else apparently ponied up the almost $90K before I could
mortgage the house and send the cashier's cheque.  I guess I'll have to just
keep working on making a natural relic out of my 54 Reissue by playing it to
death.

Anyway, I have what, to my ears, is a pretty good 60's vintage 4x10
hand-wired combo with 2x6L6's.  Also a number of smaller vintage hand-wired
amps from the 60's which sound real nice (to my ears).  a half-dozen or so
pro quality bullets, both Astatic and Shure variants (and several other
shells waiting for the right cartridges),  and a bunch of stick mics.  All
work just fine thank you.

And not too long ago I acquired a brand spanking new - in the box - Pre-war
Marine Band in C.  Never been played till I got it.  Mebbe tooted on once or
twice - toot, but not played.  Pure mint.  Wondering how to go about
tweaking it for maximum performance without swapping combs and otherwise
making it a hybrid.  It just might be my harp of a lifetime.

Now GAS ??  Oh yeah.  I got it.

I have GAS for a nice early 60's Melody Maker.  Single cut preferably, but
will look at a double - no trem.  Bastards welcome cuz I plan to put a pair
of mini-buckers in it anyway.

And I just bought a set of congas.

B'urp  Fffft!

"quote: some harmonica players would rather go to that place than mess with
gear."
and being stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is the Blues way to die,
too.

What good is a dream if it doesn't come true?
PEACE
Scott
Believe in Magic!