From: "Emjy32@xxxxxxx" <Emjy32@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 4:53:23 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Hohner "Band"

I was at a harp-playing friend's house recently and I found a harp in his
collection unlike any other that I have ever seen or heard of. It was called a
Hohner, just simply, "Band". It is an awesome harp. It is shaped like one  of
Jason Ricci's custom harmonicas (a marine band comb w/ special 20
coverplates). The opening in the back was completely rounded. like the edge of  the harp
looked kinda like this (the comb)- [( -(the back opening). If that makes any
sense. The wood of the comb did  not seem like normal maple it was darker and
harder, maybe that was the age. It  also had the star of David on the back. It
was also a joy to play. Easy to bend,  loud, and reminiscent of a harmonica
that was airtight (due to it's age  it's a tad leaky). The point of this article
is to ask my fellow reed whackers  (i like that 1) if they've heard of this
harp. So uh, have you?

Jay Gaunt

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.