Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Acid Reflux Cure

Hi Joe:  It may very well be that GERD runs in your family...and can  cause
hystamine problems - one can even inherit a naturally narrow esophagus  which
can exacerbate the condition...but people who've suffered from this  problem
for years can't (and shouldn't) ignore it if it continues.  The end  result of
all that stomach acid burning the esophagus can be (not trying to  scare
anyone, just reporting what my ENT told me), esophageal  cancer...which is often
fatal (the 'dire' consequences I mentioned  earlier).

_http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gerd/_
(http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gerd/)

For my part, I was told I had an ulcer ever since I was a kid, but was  only
recently diagnosed with a huge hiatal hernia (one of the implicating  factors
in GERD), when none of the other tests determined why I  couldn't catch my
breath at either Denver, Spah..or the Grand Canyon  Bonfiglio seminar less than
two weeks later.

Warren and Jay are absolutely right..if one does a little reading up on
organic Apple Cider Vinegar, it can be a lifesaver and a help for a lot of
medical problems, including quelling the very real pain caused by acid reflux,  as
well as possibly effecting a natural cure without resorting to prescription
meds.

It's absolutely not fun being 'scoped', so if one can heal the damage by  any
means possible it's certainly worth a try, and ACV is a heckuva lot less
expensive than the meds usually prescribed.  I'm a big believer too in  using
natural products as often as possible and much prefer conservative  preventive
measures over surgery.

Those who add honey to the mixture to make ACV more palatable (the  taste
isn't great) take the risk of triggering a hystamine reaction, so there  does
seem to be some correlation in certain people to what you're talking about.  One
size doesn't fit all, though. We're all physiologically different, so  what
works for one might not for another.

It's an extremely painful way to awaken, quite  ruining the rest of the day
dealing with the pain and discomfort...effectively  making singing and/or
playing harmonica almost impossible.

Sitting or sleeping as upright as possible goes a long way to preventing
recurrences (for me and a few other folks I know), while allowing the  esophageal
burning and pain to heal... so that's my solution.

Elizabeth

Message: 6