RE: [Harp-L] showbiz

> From: michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx> Although I can sing and front bands, I believe my real talent is as a> sideman. I generally play 3 gigs a week and I am a sideman member of 5> working bands. Although I can play around 5 instruments, I rarely perform> on anything but harmonica and only sing backup in 2 of those bands. In my> opinion the limitation is self imposed.
Michael,
I think that your statement does have merit, but I think that the mere fact that you live in a "music city" and possibly the most diverse music city in America does help. You are also a good player, which our instrument needs more of-which will someday result in more gigs for all sideman harmonica players. Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.comhttp://www.myspace.com/harpsax